Extra occupational professional training on documentary projects
The Masterclass Non-Fiction offers comprehensive industry knowledge and professional support in the development of documentary and semi-documentary material, be it projects for a »Special« for TV and / or cinema as well as for a serial or series. The goal is to develop concepts with a view to possible target groups and addressees and to successfully place them with broadcasters, streamers or production companies – in Germany and internationally. The Masterclass Non-Fiction offers:
- Practical knowledge on project development, production, pitching, financing and marketing strategies, trends, profiles of German and international broadcasters and clients as well as financiers.
- Exclusive industry insights and individual advice from renowned mentors and lecturers from the industry.
- Valuable contacts to production companies, representatives of broadcasters and streaming providers and distributors.
Application deadline: September 8, 2022
Start and duration: October 28, 2022 | 12 months
Format and scope:
- Extra occupational professional training with 12 weekend modules totaling 36 teaching days including a three-day congress module in early December 2022 (World Congress of Science and Factual Producers in Glasgow).
- Most of the modules will be held in presence in Cologne. Individual consulting appointments and modules may take place online.
The Masterclass Non-Fiction is aimed at writers, directors, producers and journalists with professional experience as well as graduates of film schools.
Successes of the Masterclass Non-Fiction
Many of the projects developed in the Masterclasses have been produced and shown on TV and in cinemas – or are currently being developed further, have received funding and are about to be realized. Some projects won German and international awards and nominations – including the feature film »Die schöne Krista«, the series »Frauen und Ozeane«, the cinema and web series project »Heimatkino« or the documentaries »DNA Cooking« and »Ein Flughafen am Ende der Welt«.
Just aired on ARD was »The Romika Story.«
In addition, numerous projects received funding from the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, most recently »Hinter guten Türen« (in production), »Die drei Brüder« (in development) and »Rotkehlchen – Kinder aus Korntal«.
Many of the graduates have gained access to production companies, broadcasters and distributors through the Masterclass Non-Fiction, for whom they now develop and realize films.
Whether on television, on streaming portals or in the cinema, whether individual pieces, docu-series or series – documentary and semi-documentary formats are in demand. Old familiar boundaries between different genres such as docudrama, documentary, reportage or factual entertainment are increasingly diffusing, new genres are emerging.
Sponsors of the Masterclass #7 (2020/21)
Insights & Projects
Fees & Financing
Request info material
Here you can compile the requested information material on ifs programs.