We watch a woman putting on a Cheyenne-costume.
Simone tells us about her wish to travel to the west of the USA one day. We accompany her to a meeting with her friends in the garden of a single family home, where they lose themselves in the game around the fireplace of a tepee. In his basement saloon, scout-actor Uwe empathizes with the masses of emigrants who left Europe for America over the last two centuries. Yara, a western rider from Mülheim an der Ruhr with worldwide success, puts on her sequined show outfit to train with her Appaloosa mare Casey. She talks about her enthusiasm for Texas, where everything seems a bit bigger than elsewhere. In the Belgian Ardennes, we ride with Kevin, better known as "Johnson," in his antique Willys Jeep to a heavily contested forest on the border with Germany during World War 2. What they all share, besides their longing, is the realization that this is not too much of a mundane place.
Prices & Festivals
- Topanga Film Festival 2021, Kalifornien
- LETsDOK Bundesweite Dokumentarfilmtage 2021
- blicke – Filmfestival des Ruhrgebiets
- Stranger Than Fiction – Kölner Dokumentarfilmfest 2022
- International Film Festival ZOOM – ZBLIŻENIA, im Kurzdokumentarfilm Wettbewerb, Polen 2023